Minutes for April 2015 meeting
BCHFL Board Meeting 3/29/2015 at Old World Restaurant in Floral City
Call to Order: Meeting was called to order @1450 by the Chairman Truman Prevatt
Directors: Helen Koehler, Truman Prevatt, Frank W. Vans Evers, Deb Shaughnessy, Sally McDavid, Gary Reynolds, Gary MacIntosh, Jennifer Fischer, Tom Allen, Fred Fulcher
Others: Kathy Thompson, Barbara Porch, Janet Day, Becky Fulcher
Treas. Report Jen Stated $2625.00 from Shindig $221.00 for Shindig expenses
Which left $2404 : that $2016 would go to BCH and NCBCH would get $100.00 and $75.00 to FFBCH.
Future Shindigs Committee appointed : Fred Fulcher, Kathy Thompson, Deb Shaughnessy, Gary MacIntosh and Sally McDavid.
Note: Gary MacIntosh serve as chairman.
Motion by Tom Allen, second by Frank Vans Evers for treasurer to disperse up to $250.00 quarterly without board having to approve the expense. Passed by verbal vote.
Motion by Tom Allen for quarterly financial report, if there is no change for the quarter, distribute update stating no change from the previous date.
Frank 2nd motion
All voted for the motion.
Meeting adjournment @ 1634
BCHFL Shindig 2016 Report
After expenses, the Shindig’s net income was $1020 (rounded). At the Shindig committee meeting in January 2016 it was agreed to split proceeds from the Shindig equally between the three local chapters. I am pleased to report that BCHSEO, FFBCH, and NCBCH will each receive a check from BCHFL for $340. Thank you to all for once again working hard in putting on a successful Shindig.
The ballpark figure for attendance was 140 as estimated by the pre-wrapped utensils remaining and the handful of people that we know did not eat.
As always there are thanks that go to many people for planning, organizing, preparing for, and executing the Shindig. I would like to acknowledge and thank the following people:
Gary Macintosh for organizing the Shindig, providing the chicken, drinks, and other miscellaneous items. Kathy Thompson for setting up the pre-registration (which almost worked, 90 of the 140 people pre-registered) and for collecting the $5 donations for food in lieu of bringing a pot luck that amounted to $135. Rose Kruser who helped with registration. Mary Lou Patton and Ann Hopta for organizing the door prizes and Chinese Auction and to the many people who helped them do the final organization and set up at the Shindig. Deb Shaughnessy for announcing the door prizes. Deb Crawford and Jennifer Fischer for selling Chinese Auction tickets. The several people who sold the 50/50 tickets. Patricia Holley and Frank Vans Evers for providing the ham and turkey. Sally McDavid for providing the supplies for the kitchen The FFBCH crew for organizing the kitchen, relaying the food, and cleaning the kitchen. Karen Pando for going the extra mile and providing some extraordinary prizes in spite of all the other things that are on her plate in getting the new local chapter organized.
Truman Prevatt, BCHFL President
BCHFL By Laws
Click here to view the BCHFL By Laws
Roberts Rules of Order Meeting Procedures & Etiquette
Basic Meeting Etiquette:
* Obtain the floor (the right to speak) by being the first to raise your hand when the person speaking has finished. Must be recognized by the Chair before speaking.
* Debate cannot begin until the Chair has stated the motion or resolution. If there is no debate, then the Chair calls the question. (Asking for a vote).
* Before the motion is stated by the Chair (the question) members may suggest modification of the motion; the mover can modify as he pleases, or even withdraw the motion without consent of the seconder; if mover modifies, the seconder can withdraw the second.
* The "immediately pending question" is the last question stated by the Chair. Motion/Resolution - Amendment - Motion to Postpone.
* The member moving the "immediately pending question" is entitled to preference to the floor.
* No member shall speak twice to the same issue until everyone else wishing to speak has spoken to it once.
* All remarks must be directed to the Chair. Remarks must be courteous in language and deportment - avoid all personalities, never allude to others by name or to motives.
1. Point of Privilege: Pertains to noise, personal comfort, etc. - may
interrupt only if necessary. No Second or vote required.
2. Parliamentary Inquiry: Inquire as to the correct motion - to accomplish a desired result, or raise a point of order. No Second or vote required.
3. Point of Information: Generally applies to a question to the contents of the motion not a statement or rhetorical statement about the motion. No Second or vote required.
4. Orders of the Day (Agenda): A call to adhere to the agenda (a deviation from the agenda requires Suspending the Rules). No Second or vote required.
5. Point of Order: Infraction of the rules, or improper decorum in speaking. Must be raised immediately after the error is made. No Second or vote required.
6. Main Motion: Brings new business (the next item on the agenda) before the assembly.
7. Divide the Question: Divides a motion into two or more separate motions (must be able to stand on their own). A Second and majority vote required.
8. Amend: Inserting or striking out words or paragraphs, or substituting whole paragraphs or resolutions. A Second and majority vote required.
9.Withdraw/Modify Motion: Applies only after question is stated; mover can accept an amendment without obtaining the floor.
10. Call the Question: Motion to end debate and vote on the issue before the floor. A second and majority vote required to end debate.
11. Suspension of Rules: This called by any one in the assembly including Chair. Must be Seconded and requires at 2/3’s vote of the assembly.